Author Topic: My thoughts on the coal mining closures of the 80s  (Read 1063 times)

Guzman

Re: My thoughts on the coal mining closures of the 80s
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 10:02:38 AM »

That response took literally months for you to come back with.

Back when i made the thread and around the time you made your first response to it, i wasnt going on to websites that were documenting argumentative fallacies and logical fallacies, like i have been lately.  When i saw the one saying "an appeal to emotion" (a phrase i had been hearing fairly often in youtube response videos aswell) i thought "thats what Sven did in his first reply to me in the coal mining thread i made" and you did.

Making a response saying "i am offended by this" does not de validate someones argument.  Saying "hearing this offends me" is not an argument.  Granted that you did make arguments with substance in the end, but you didnt in your first reply.  Your first reply was just an appeal to emotion.

Trouble with talking about a subject like this is, theres always going to be biased viewpoints....from both sides. 

Among the leeladers were alot of argumentive fallacies come to think of it

Strawman'ing = No one was more guilty of this than Ultra.  Ultra always deliberately misunderstood and misrepresented someones argument, and attacked that instead.

tu quoque = no one was more guilty of this than CHB.  No one used the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" more than he did.  Everytime i pointed out flaws in someones character on chavscum that he liked, along he came with the tu quoque's, but what made it annoying is, he would choose to be deliberately be black and white on the issue when doing so.

an appeal to tradition/history = CHB again.....the man was obsessed with history all the time.

An appeal to boyfriends viewpoint/opinion = Razorblades.....you are very guilty as charged on this one lol

The fallacy fallacy = You presumed that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. .....yes, because pointing out my spelling and grammar inperfections or incorrect use of phrases and words automaticly meant that my whole argument was invalid.  How many times was this one milked to death?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 10:15:21 AM by Guzman »

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »
No one used the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" more than he did.

Comedy gold.

Excellent.

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 03:09:28 PM »
Back when i made the thread and around the time you made your first response to it, i wasnt going on to websites that were documenting argumentative fallacies and logical fallacies, like i have been lately.  When i saw the one saying "an appeal to emotion" (a phrase i had been hearing fairly often in youtube response videos aswell) i thought "thats what Sven did in his first reply to me in the coal mining thread i made" and you did.

Making a response saying "i am offended by this" does not de validate someones argument.  Saying "hearing this offends me" is not an argument.  Granted that you did make arguments with substance in the end, but you didnt in your first reply.  Your first reply was just an appeal to emotion.

Trouble with talking about a subject like this is, theres always going to be biased viewpoints....from both sides. 

Among the leeladers were alot of argumentive fallacies come to think of it

Strawman'ing = No one was more guilty of this than Ultra.  Ultra always deliberately misunderstood and misrepresented someones argument, and attacked that instead.

tu quoque = no one was more guilty of this than CHB.  No one used the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" more than he did.  Everytime i pointed out flaws in someones character on chavscum that he liked, along he came with the tu quoque's, but what made it annoying is, he would choose to be deliberately be black and white on the issue when doing so.

an appeal to tradition/history = CHB again.....the man was obsessed with history all the time.

An appeal to boyfriends viewpoint/opinion = Razorblades.....you are very guilty as charged on this one lol

The fallacy fallacy = You presumed that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. .....yes, because pointing out my spelling and grammar inperfections or incorrect use of phrases and words automaticly meant that my whole argument was invalid.  How many times was this one milked to death?

You have missed the point so hard it can only have smacked you in the head like when you came off your bike.

It is not the subject which offends me you foolish fool. Nor am I offended because you think that bringing it up upsets me.

It is the fact that you time after time demonstrate that you absolutely do not understand the issues around the miners strike, yet you are still convinced that you have some kind of insight.

Its incredibly pathetic to try and make out that my absolute destruction of your childish and bizarre failure to grasp this issue is down to me being offended.

Sure it is offensive, but that is not the sole reason I am objecting to it. I am objecting to it because you are posting absolute nonsense based on irrelevant things you have not even understood anyway and trying to make out it is researched, factual, and a balanced understanding.

You are incredibly wrong about this being only an "appeal to emotion". I started by explaining that again, you are wrong about this. I did not wish to go into detail because even if you have read about the miners strike, since you first brought this up several years ago, you still have not managed to grasp basic things about it.

Guzman

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »

Your cod considered economic analysis doesn't even scratch the surface as to why it happened and if it was an exam answer well... you'd've failed horribly.

An exam by your standards.....i guess so, but then i can learn to live with being a failure of that.

Remember this thread here and your first reply to it?

http://randombanter.net/index.php?topic=9723.msg265897#msg265897

Even i was able to point out your logical flaw in it.....england would of ended up as overpopulated as india or something if things were done by your suggestion.  Plus i swear that in the very long replies you make, you go and copy and paste parts of them from some website somewhere to try and look more intelligent ;-)

Sven, my aim really was just to see if i could get a rise out of you in pasting that picture as a reply, and to be honest id say it worked.   My aim wasnt to carry on the threads discussion anymore.

bababarararacucucudadada

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »
An exam by your standards.....i guess so, but then i can learn to live with being a failure of that.

Remember this thread here and your first reply to it?

http://randombanter.net/index.php?topic=9723.msg265897#msg265897

Even i was able to point out your logical flaw in it.....england would of ended up as overpopulated as india or something if things were done by your suggestion.  Plus i swear that in the very long replies you make, you go and copy and paste parts of them from some website somewhere to try and look more intelligent ;-)

Sven, my aim really was just to see if i could get a rise out of you in pasting that picture as a reply, and to be honest id say it worked.   My aim wasnt to carry on the threads discussion anymore.

That, sir, is complete bollocks. I don't need to "try to look more intelligent" and have no interest in doing so. I am what I am and if you don't like it you can get fucked.

If it's C&P stick it in google and see what comes up.

Ever heard of John Cooper Clark?

Sven

• Goran Sphincter
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 06:02:00 PM »

You were not even entered for your exams so you don't know what it is like to pass or fail an exam.

Why would your aim be to carry on the thread's discussion?

You wrote some misunderstood nonsense, you were told how wrong you were, thread over.

You are the one who tried to blame your misunderstanding on people taking issue with you personally, or using common diversion tactics, to distract the argument.